16 April 2019
sponsored by CoTrain
The Technical Apprenticeship Consortium (TAC) has brought together some of the world's best-known engineering firms, enabling them to meet their business needs through the recruitment and training of apprentices. TAC members recruited 657 apprentices in the 2017/18 academic year alone.
- Develops apprenticeship standards linked to professional registration and career development routes
- Supports members to maximise apprenticeships and their associated funding opportunities
- Collaborates both nationally and regionally to share best practice
- Maintains high quality and consistent apprenticeship training provision through quality-assured preferred providers
- Promotes the broader apprenticeship agenda to support employers to attract and retain the best talent
Members have access to a full-time account manager to support their apprenticeship needs, and an education specialist to facilitate and promote the development of apprenticeship standards through dedicated Trailblazer groups.
Education & training providers:
- TAC ensures consistency and continuity between training providers and employers wherever they are based
- Access to high quality is assured - training provision through a TAC approved provider list
- TAC assists in finding new educational providers to deliver apprenticeship training as demand grows
- TAC liaises with professional institutions to ensure apprentice readiness for end point assessment and professional registration
- Employer lead consortium with national coverage, with trailblazer standards developed as follows:
a. 4 No. at level 3 for railway design, transport planning, building services, civil engineering
b. 4 No. at level 6 for civil engineering, building services, transport planning & environmental practitioner
- 1,400 apprenticeships delivered since inception in 2010, 657 placed at member firms alone in the 2017/18 year a number which continues to grow year on year.
- Supports member firms in the delivery of high quality training and education that they would not have the capacity to deliver individually.
For more details:
Visit Technical Apprenticeship Consortium.
The SECBE 2019 Apprenticeship Initiative Award is sponsored by CoTrain.